With the ever-increasing use of mobile devices and internet penetration, websites have become a vital tool for reaching a wider audience.
This has redefined the use of websites to generate leads and sales for many businesses such as real estate, information technology, where the importance of websites was downplayed. Hence, one of your primary objectives of owning a website should be beyond having an appealing portfolio online to generate quality leads and even make sales.
Why your website should capture leads
When a prospect visits your website, apart from learning more about your business, he/she may want to get more clarification about a specific service or understand how yours best fits his needs.
So creating an opportunity for website visitors to indicate interest in your products or services will help you increase your sales and generate more income faster. With these details, you will be able to contact your them via email and schedule a physical on online meeting.
This will also help you have a better understanding of your customers needs and how to tailor your services to meet those needs.
Optimizing your website to rank on various search engines or promoting your website using paid advertisements may not be all that you need to do to generate leads, but a clear understanding of a customer journey and sales funnel and systematically implementing them will help you generate leads and also evaluate the returns on advert spend.
Here are 3 things that you can do to generate leads from your website.
3 Ways to Generate More Leads from Your Website
- Add Call to Action Buttons – Gone are the days where contact pages was the only page where you can capture leads from your website. A simple call to action button on the home page banner or any page where you explained the services that you render can be a good place to capture leads.
Think of it this way, after telling a visitor what services you render, telling him right away to try it out, will increase your chances of getting his contact details which you can use to follow up and nurture them till they eventually make a decision to make a purchase.
2. Offer a trial plan or Free download – Free trials or free software with limited features have proven to help many companies grow their customer base as they allow you to generate demand for the product and create a contact list of leads.
Customer also do have questions going through their mind especially for certain products
This may include questions like…
- Is this person or company really as good as they say they are?
- Will this product meet my needs?
- What happens if I’m not happy or have made a mistake joining?
To encourage website visitors to try out your product, you will also need to assure them that they won’t be charged during the free trial period and that they can cancel anytime.
3. Use Exit Popup Offer – An exit popup is a popup that appears when a website visitor tries to exit your website. Though pop-ups are been noted to contribute to high bounce rate and increase website exit and statistics also shows that up to 98% of website visitors leave the site without taking any action.
Designing an exit intent pop up will increase your chance of capturing leads. This can be a great opportunity to display an offer or give them a reason to stay longer.
The offer could be a free PDF download that solves a problem related to the service and at the same time they provide their email address in exchange.
Are you too busy or do you need help in setting up some of these strategies?